Thematic videoBuilt on Trust: Wealth Management Services at FIBT
First International Bank
- For other banks with a similar name, see First Bank.
|Industry||Banking, Mortgage, Insurance, & Trust|
|Headquarters||Watford City, North Dakota|
|Steve Stenehjem, Chairman & CEO|
|Owners||Watford City Bancshares, Inc.,|
Number of employees
First International Bank & Trust started in 1910 as Farmers State Bank in Arnegard, North Dakota. In 1934 the bank moved its headquarters to Watford City, North Dakota and changed the name to First International Bank. It is first international bank and trust watford city by Watford City Bancshares, Inc., which is owned by the Stenehjem family, and is a full service, independent community bank, a member of the FDIC, and an equal housing lender. First International Bank & Trust has 29 locations in North Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona.
- 1910: Farmers State Bank established in Arnegard, ND.
- 1911: Odin Stenehjem becomes the first Farmers State Bank cashier.
- 1917: Gerhard Stenehjem becomes the first President.
- 1934: After relocating to Watford City, ND, First International Bank is born.
- 1936: O. Vincent Stenehjem starts his 50-year career as Vice President and cashier.
- 1949: Odin Stenehjem begins as President.
- 1965: Odin Stenehjem's son, Leland, steps in as President.
- 1984: The Stenehjem family acquires First National Bank of Fessenden, ND.
- 1990: First International Bank acquires Midwest Federal Savings & Loan offices in Williston, Killdeer, Minot, Harvey, and Fargo.
- 1992: Trust powers are added and the bank becomes First International Bank & Trust. Stephen Stenehjem, son of Leland, serves as President.
- 1993: First International Bank & Trust, NA, Fessenden merges with First International Bank & Trust.
- 1995: The Williston Economart office opens. Two offices in Scottsdale, AZ are acquired.
- 2000: A merger combines the two offices in Arizona with first international bank and trust watford city in North Dakota.
- 2006: Farmers State Bank in Elgin, ND is acquired.
- 2007: New offices are acquired/opened in Staples and Motley, MN.
- 2008: New office is acquired/opened in Gilbert, AZ.
- 2010: First International Bank & Trust celebrates 100 years of banking.
- 2013: First International Bank & Trust expands with new locations in Minot and Williston, ND, Moorhead, MN, and First international bank and trust watford city, AZ.
- 2014: First International Bank & Trust broke ground for a third location in Minot, ND.
- Watford City, ND
- Williston, ND
- Alexander, ND
- Killdeer, ND
- Minot, ND
- Harvey, ND
- Fessenden, ND
- Bowdon, ND
- Fargo, ND
- West Fargo, ND
- Elgin, ND
Products and Services
- Credit Cards
- Online Banking
- Certificates of Deposit
- Credit Cards
- Merchant Services
Investment & Wealth Management
- 401(k) and Retirement Planning
- Mutual Funds
- Stocks & Bonds
- Estate Planning
- College Funding
- Personal Trust
- Mineral & Land Services
- Special Needs Trust
- Life & Health
- Farmer's State Bank of Arnegard 1910-1933
- First International Bank 1934-1991
- First International Bank & Trust 1992–present
Live First Community Giving Campaign
Copyright 2018 [First International Bank & Trust]
LIVE FIRST COMMUNITY GRANT OFFICIAL RULES
BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of North Dakota, Minnesota, or Arizona who are 18 years of age or older at time of application. Employees and their affiliates are not eligible for the $5,000 grand prize. Being a current First International Bank & Trust customer will not increase your chances of winning.
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 8:00am CST to Wednesday, April 25 at 11:59am CST. Votes will be accepted from Wednesday, April 25, 2018 at 12:00pm CST to Wednesday, May 9, 2018 at 11:59pm CST. Grant recipients will be notified by their registered e-mail and/or phone number. Winners must respond by 12:00 pm CST Friday, May 19, 2018 or the grant is forfeited and new winners will be selected.
4. ODDS OF WINNING: Each individual can nominate one organization or project by filling out the online form and submitting a corresponding photo. The winner will receive $5,000 courtesy of First International Bank & Trust. By submitting your application and photo you agree that First International Bank & Trust may use it in any promotional or marketing materials, including but not limited to sharing on Facebook and the First International Bank & Trust website. The highest number of votes will determine the $1,000 grant recipients. If a project is nominated multiple times, First International Bank missha bb cream price ph Trust reserves the right to combine votes from all projects into one total. A panel of judges from First International Bank & Trust will determine the $5,000 grant recipient.
Winners are required to submit weekly updates to First International Bank & Trust for the duration of the project. By submitting these updates, winners agree that First International Bank & Trust may use them in any promotional or marketing materials, including but not limited to sharing on Facebook and the First International Bank & Trust website.
Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered. We retain sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content. Winning ideas must not involve religious advocacy/proselytizing – acts and intentions to advance a religious denomination or expand membership or encourage conversion. Projects that disparage or discriminate against any group, projects that promote hate or violence, or acts of protest are not eligible.
5. PRIZE DETAILS: GRAND PRIZE: The Grand Prize winner will receive a $5,000 donation to the organization or beneficiary specified in his or her application. Three (3) runners up will receive $1,000 each.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All Entrants must have a valid e-mail address or phone number. Winners private party car loan chase solely responsible for any taxes on their respective prizes. No substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of First International Bank & Trust. Prizes are non-transferable. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the First international bank and trust watford city or any Sponsor or Contest-related Web Site; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the Web Site terms of service, conditions of use and/or applicable general rules or guidelines; or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. This Contest is offered only in the United States and is governed by the laws of the state of North Dakota. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Fargo, North Dakota.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. WINNER Na state of matter Winners will be notified by phone and/or email and will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release first international bank and trust watford city 12:00 pm CST Friday, May 19, 2018 or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winners may be selected by the panel of judges.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. By entering the contest, Entrant agrees, and agrees in writing if requested, that any Submission will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the Finalist agrees to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Submission, if any, including all but not limited to all copyright and what is a merrill lynch edge account rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Entrants hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of "Droit Moral" or "Moral Rights of Authors" or any similar rights or principles of law that Entrant may now or later have to his/her Submission. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify a winning Submission, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Entrant shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Submission and of the copyrights transferred and "Moral Rights of Authors" waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor's rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by First International Bank & Trust resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. First International Bank & Trust, Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. First International Bank & Trust, Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases Sponsor, Contest Parties, First International Bank & Trust, from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize in the Contest, winners agree that the Sponsor, Contest Parties, First International Bank & Trust shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize.
10. SPONSOR: First International Bank & Trust, 100 N. Main, Watford City, ND 58854.
By participating in this promotion you agree to the Official Rules.
You are providing your information to First International Bank & Trust and not to Facebook.
First International Bank and Trust
Our Mission: Helping Dreams Come True, One Customer at a Time.
First International Bank & Trust is a growing, relationship-driven bank that provides complete financial solutions first international bank and trust watford city our customers.
Our Company Vision
◾We aim to be a “one-stop shop” for our customers, delivering a complete portfolio of financial solutions in true community banking fashion.
◾We uphold our reputation for strength and stability achieved through more than 100 years of service.
◾We are a high-performing bank, recognized in the top tier of call walmart auto center peer group, with high-quality assets and high earnings.
◾We are active in the communities we serve; our ongoing community involvement helps our customers and communities grow.
◾All customers and employees of First International Bank & Trust will be treated north carolina central university durham the highest level of respect.
◾Our goal is to provide customers with great customer service in every situation and activity.
◾Excellence in service, performance and community leadership is required by all employees.
◾We provide a team environment where every employee is valued, encouraged to contribute, recognized and rewarded.
◾Our employees are empowered to take initiative and be a part of the decision-making process in support of our overall mission.
◾Our employees partner with people in the communities we serve to give back to the places where we live and work.
1533 N 12th St.
Bismarck, ND 58503
Financial Providers: Bank & Banking Products
tyra banks bikini 2019 First International Bank & Trust (Watford City, 1st community credit union online banking Dakota)
First International Bank & Trust, Watford City Fox Hills Branch
Home > North Dakota Banks > Watford City Banks > First International Bank & Trust Watford City > First International Bank & Trust, Watford City Fox Hills Branch
Basic InfoFinancial InfoRouting NumbersReviewsMapMore Info
Write a Review
|Name:||First International Bank & Trust|
|Concentration:||Commercial Lending Specialization|
|Holden By:||Watford City Bancshares Inc|
|Charter Class:||Commercial bank, state charter and Fed nonmember, supervised by the FDIC|
|# of Branches:||29, view all, view on map|
|Total Equity Capital:||$363,069,000|
|Total Domestic Office Deposits:||$3,834,609,000|
|Quarterly Net Income:||$17,613,000|
|Return on Assets:||2%|
|Quarterly Return on Assets:||2%|
|Return on Equity:||20%|
|Quarterly Return on Equity:||19%|
1 client review of First International Bank & Trust scored 5 out of 5.
Interest Rate and Cost
Office Environment & Staff
by IrishEyes777, Oct. 15, 2013
From the President of this bank to the cleaning crew at night, this is a first class operation. The staff is hand-picked for their experience, intelligence, and knowledge of their particular banking expertise, and can answer any question quickly and accurately.
* this reviewer has be with this bank for
First International Bank & Trust Review
SmartAsset's Overall Rating3.7/5
- Mobile App
- Multiple Banking Products
Started in 1910, First International Bank & Trust has assets totaling $2 billion along with $2 billion in deposits, which makes the institution a large bank. First International Bank & Trust, whose headquarters are in Watford City, North Dakota, lacks premium access to customer service, with no live chat or all-day service options available. It is a conventional brick-and-mortar bank with in-person service, in addition to its online and mobile apps. At a SmartAsset rating of 3.7 stars out of 5, First International Bank & Trust should be near the middle of the pack in your search for a bank. First International Bank & First international bank and trust watford city has a full array of product offerings, which include savings accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, CDs, IRAs, mortgage products and credit cards. It has a fair savings rate; you can find higher rates with other banks. The bank's standard checking account maintains a monthly fee of $7.95, making it a rather expensive bank for checking. Finding an institution with free checking and a high interest rate savings account is the best option for gaining the most income on your deposits while having easy access to your money.
How We Rated It
SmartAsset's Overall Rating
The is a weighted average of rates, fees, service quality and financial health.Read more
When a component rating is unavailable, the overall rating is calculated as an average of the remaining available bobby berk age Rates rating represents an aggregate of interest rates for specific bank products measured against the national average interest rate for each product. Product interest rates may vary by branch. Rates shown reflect the highest available nationwide.
With a savings rate of 0.05%, First International Bank & Trust ranks poorly compared to the national average. Its one-year CD has a rate of 1.00% and the five-year CD earns at a rate of 1.75%, while its highest-yielding money market account earns at an APY of 0.10%. Given First International Bank & Trust's poor savings rate, you should think about other options to earn more on your deposits.
How First International Bank & Trust's Savings Rates Compare
First International Bank & TrustSavings0.05National Average0.09Compare Offers
First International Bank & Trust has generally high fees in comparison to the average U.S. bank. Its checking account has a monthly fee of $7.95, making it fair for anyone looking for a hassle-free account. Additionally, at $30.00, First International Bank & Trust has a considerably lower overdraft fee compared to the average overdraft fee charged by U.S. banks. First International Bank & Trust does not reimburse out-of-network ATM charges, meaning you'll be required to locate a First International Bank & Trust ATM or accept the withdrawal fee.
Monthly Fee$7.95National Average: $3.21
Non-network ATM FeeN/ANational Average: $1.20
Overdraft Fee$30.00National Average: $35.00
First International Bank & Trust is a brick-and-mortar bank, with 27 total branches in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota. It also offers access to mobile and web apps for a simple mobile-banking experience. It does not provide access to all-day customer service with actual service representatives. You can get help during its hours, which are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CT; Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. CT. First International Bank & Trust's online and mobile banking platforms receive moderate feedback from customers. The First International Bank & Trust mobile app scored a 3.9 out of 5 (out of 96 ratings on iOS and Android) compared to the national average of 3.8. First International Bank & Trust's mobile app lets you manage your bank accounts by monitoring account balances, transferring funds as well as accessing customer service. First International Bank & Trust receives a superb consumer satisfaction rating due to relatively few complaints filed with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), a government agency that protects consumers in the financial sector.
Overall Mobile Rating3.9/5
Consumer Satisfaction Rating5.0/5
Online Banking PortalNo
First International Bank & Trust ranks as a large bank owning assets totaling $2 billion as well as deposits totaling $2 billion. First International Bank & Trust's Texas Ratio is 12.58%, suggesting a small opportunity of failure. Additionally, First International Bank & Trust is FDIC-insured, meaning that your money how bank calculate interest on home loan insured up to $250,000, even in the event of bank failure.
Texas Ratio Analysis
High Risk75%50%20%10%Low Risk
The Texas Ratio, a measure of a "bad assets" against available capital, can provide an early warning sign of bank failure. A low ratio indicates smaller chance of failure; a higher ratio suggests greater risk.Back to Overview
Compare First International Bank & Trust to Other Competitive Offers
|Product||Current Terms and Rates||Minimum Balance for APY|
|Savings Account||0.05% APY||$1|
|Checking Account||0.1% APY||$2500|
|Certificates of Deposit||$500 for all terms|
|Money Market Accounts||0.05% APY 0.1% APY||$10000 $15000|
First International Bank & Trust offers several deposit products like savings accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts and CDs to give you many options to manage your money. First International Bank & Trust does not have the best savings rate, which means you should think about other options for banks that deliver more return for your money. CDs can be a terrific first international bank and trust watford city to achieve higher returns, but there are limitations to accessing your money. First International Bank & Trust's CD rates are fair compared to other U.S. banks.Back to Overview
Find a First International Bank & Trust Near Me
First International Bank & Trust has 27 locations across the U.S.Back to Overview
Save more with these rates that beat the National Average
bank reviewsFind the best
savings accountsFind the best